The Minnesota Native Plant Society is a wholly
Below is the Minnesota Native Plant Society’s purpose as abbreviated from the bylaws. This organization is exclusively organized and operated for educational and scientific purposes, including the following:
- Conservation of all native plants.
- Continuing education of all members in the plant sciences.
- Education of the public regarding environmental protection of plant life.
- Encouragement of research and publications on plants native to Minnesota.
- Study of legislation on Minnesota flora, vegetation and ecosystems.
- Preservation of special plants, plant communities and scientific and natural areas.
- Cooperation in programs concerned with the ecology of natural resources and scenic features.
- Fellowship with all persons interested in native plants through meetings, lectures, workshops and field trips.